Coulthard to compete at Goodwood 75MM
The daffodils are in full bloom and there’s less than one week to go until the Goodwood 75th Members’ Meeting opens its gates on Saturday 18 March.
Ahead of the two-day event, Goodwood has announced that David Coulthard, 13-time Grand Prix winner turned F1 commentator will be joining the star-studded driver line-up, driving a 1955 Mercedes 300 SL 417.
Other drivers competing in 12 races throughout the weekend include:
- Andrew Jordan, 2013 BTCC champion, driving a Mini 1275 GT
- Gerhard Berger, 10-time Grand Prix winner, driving a Ford Capri III 3.0S
- Gordon Shedden, reigning BTCC champion, driving a Rover 3500 SD1
- Matt Neal, three-time BTCC champion, driving a Chevrolet Camaro Z28
- Roberto Ravaglia, European and World Touring Car Champion, driving a Ford Capri 3.0S
- Steve Soper, touring car legend, driving a Triumph Dolomite Sprint
- Tom Kristensen, Nine-time Le Mans winner, driving a Rover 3500 SD1
- Stig Blomqvist, 1984 World Rally champion, driving a Mini 1275 GT
- Rob Huff, former World Touring Car champion, driving a Ford Capri III 3.0S
Goodwood Members’ Meeting House Captains Nicolas Minassian, Emanuele Pirro, Jochen Mass and Anthony Reid will once again be battling it out on the track for House Points for their respective Houses, Aubigny, Torbolton, Darnley and Methuen, wearing their finest tweed.
Meanwhile, off the circuit, Goodwood Road Racing Club members and their guests can take part in a range of activities including an air rifle range, jeep driving and ferret racing, while also indulging in delicious food and drink.
An open-to-all party culminating in spectacular fireworks will take place on the Saturday evening.